Social Enterprise Worker (Full-Time, 3 months)
Job Description – Renew Social Enterprise Worker
Renew Enterprises is a not-for-profit Social Enterprise operated by Treo Port Lairge CLG. It was established to create full-time employment for people who have been most distant from the labour market. Committed to social inclusion and social justice, the enterprise provides opportunities for its employees to learn, train and practice new skills and to experience working in a real time working environment. Those employed to work in Renew Enterprises gain qualifications, a job history and work references to help them move on to their own chosen careers.
Renew Enterprises provides a range of products and services for people in the local community and community organisations in the Waterford and South East area. These include:
- Lawnmower & Small engine tool (Strimmers, Generators, Hedgecutters etc.) repair & servicing
- Bicycle repair & servicing
- Kindling production
- Pallet furniture & Garden furniture production
- Delivering Bicycle Mechanics programmes
- Delivering Four Stroke Engine Repair programmes
Position of Renew Social Enterprise Worker
Location: Based at Unit 2 Block 4 Lacken Road Business Park Kilbarry Waterford
Accountable to: Renew Enterprises Manager
Salary: Hourly wage rate of €10.50
Hours: 39 Hours per week. Some evening & weekend work will be required.
Duration: 3 months, renewable subject to funding
Probation Period: 1 month
Duties of Renew Social Enterprise Worker
The daily duties of the Renew Enterprises Worker will be
- Repair of Bicycles
- Repair and servicing of Small engine machines/tools i.e. Lawnmowers, Strimmers, Hedgecutters, Generators, etc.
- Kindling Production
- Making Furniture
- Collections from suppliers and deliveries to customers
- Assist with tutoring on Bicycle Mechanics and Small Engine Repair courses. These will take place at the above address and in venues throughout Waterford.
- Cash Handling & Recording
- Maintain good Customer relations
- Workshop Upkeep
- Maintain Health & Safety Procedures
- Assist Manager in preparing reports
- Collections and Deliveries
- Other workshop activities as required
Renew Enterprises is happy to consider applications from people who have criminal convictions or have been to prison. Suitable candidates will be required to obtain Garda Clearance. Renew Enterprises is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Essential training in Manual Handling Health, Occupational First Aid, Cash Handling and Customer Relations will be provided as part of staff induction. Training will be provided in Woodcraft, Small Engine and Bicycle Repair as required.
Experience of working in a busy workshop environment would help candidates, especially in the areas listed above. The ideal person needs to be reliable, hard-working, trustworthy, have good communication skills and demonstrate common sense. The person needs to be capable of working on their own initiative while being happy to work as part of a team. Full clean driving license desirable. The person must maintain confidentiality at all times.
Each Renew Enterprises Worker will be supported to develop his/her preferred career pathway with additional training provided in order to secure jobs in their chosen area.
Please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for applications is 7th January 2021.
This project is supported by the Department of Rural and Community Development and Pobal through the Community Services Programme.