Renew Enterprises is a not-for-profit Social Enterprise operated by Treo Port Lairge CLG.
Renew Enterprises is a not-for-profit Social Enterprise operated by Treo Port Lairge CLG. It was
established to create employment for people who have been most distant from the labour market.
Committed to social inclusion and social justice, Renew Enterprises provides opportunities for its
employees to develop their skills in a busy and diverse working environment. Those employed with
Renew Enterprises gain training, qualifications, a job history and work references to help them move
on to their own chosen careers.
Renew Enterprises provides a range of products and services for people in the local community and
community organisations in the Waterford and South East area. These include:
- Repair & Servicing of Lawnmowers & Small Engine Tools (strimmers, generators, hedge cutters, etc.)
- Bicycle Sales
- Bicycle Repair and Servicing
- Kindling Production
- Woodcraft and Furniture Production
- Delivering Bicycle Mechanics training
- Delivering Four Stroke Engine Repair programmes
- A Paint Reuse Initiative
- Electronic Bicycle Rental scheme
The main responsibilities of the Social Enterprise worker will be:
● Repair and servicing of bicycles
● Repair and servicing of small engine machines/tools i.e. lawn mowers, strimmers, etc.
● Kindling production
● Making garden furniture and other wooden items
● Collections from suppliers and deliveries to customers
● Assist with tutoring on Bicycle Mechanics and Small Engine Repair courses. These will take
place at the above address and in venues throughout Waterford.
● Administration, cash handling, input on to computer
● Customer service and ordering procedures
● Workshop upkeep
● Adhering to all health & safety procedures
● Assist manager in preparing reports
● Support aspects of Paint Reuse Programme
● Support Electronic Bike rental scheme
Experience of working in a busy workshop environment would help candidates, especially in the areas
listed above. The ideal person needs to be reliable, hard-working, and trustworthy, have good
communication skills, and demonstrate common sense. The person needs to be capable of working on
their own initiative while being happy to work as part of a team. The person must maintain
confidentiality at all times. Driving experience and full clean driving license desirable.
Essential training in Bicycle Mechanics, Four Stroke Engine Mechanics, Woodcraft, Manual Handling,
Occupational First Aid, Cash Handling, and Customer Relations will be provided as part of staff
induction. Employees will also be trained in E Bike maintenance and Paint Reuse process.
Each Renew Employee will be supported to develop his/her preferred career pathway with additional
training provided in order to secure jobs in their chosen area.
Renew Enterprises is happy to consider applications from people who have criminal convictions or
have been to prison. Suitable candidates will be required to obtain Garda Clearance.
Renew Enterprises is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
A panel will be formed from which current and future permanent and specified purpose vacancies of
full time duration may be filled. Please fill out the below application including cover letter and CV Attachment.
The closing date for applications is close of business on 16th March 2023.
|Location||1-2 Johnstown, Waterford|
|Accountable to:||Renew Enterprises Manager|
|Salary||€22,035 per annum paid weekly|
|Hours||37.5 Hours per week. Some evening & weekend is required.|
|Duration||12 Months contract (may be extended subject to funding)|
|Probation Period||6 months|